We are delighted to say that the B&B achieved the Good to Go mark from Visit Wales
Updated 28th March, 2022 in light of the latest Welsh Government Guidance. Please be aware that Welsh rules on Covid can be very different to England’s rules and announcements.
In case you haven’t got time to read this full and detailed policy, to summarise, we’re continuing to keep you and us safe by taking sensible and proportionate actions.
We envisage continuing running our B&B in the same way as we have been during the pandemic for the 2022 season in order to keep our guests, the business and our family as safe as we can. Any changes will be updated here.
Before you arrive
- For your confidence in booking, all reservations are currently fully flexible until 14 days before arrival, and can be moved to another date at no cost for Coronavirus related reasons only. If we are closed by the Welsh Government due to Covid 19 your bookings will not be chargeable. We will revert back to our regular cancellation conditions once the pandemic is behind us. We politely ask that any guests who are required to undertake self-isolation, household isolation or overseas travel related isolation remain at home in line with the Welsh Government advice, and contact us to re-arrange their stay.
- Guests who have been diagnosed with or show symptoms of Covid 19 in the last 7 days will be asked to kindly reschedule their stay. Anyone who shows symptoms during their stay will be asked to leave, for the safety of other guests and ourselves.
- We will ask you for an approximate check in time. We have installed an 80% alcohol hand sanitiser dispenser in reception which we encourage you to use whenever you enter the B&B.
- Check in information will have been completed on line before your arrival date so there should be nothing to complete or sign. Your key will be placed on the reception desk and will have been sanitised after the last guest. You will find a welcome letter in the Room Information Folder in your room together with information regarding our room servicing policy together with information to familiarise you with the room.
- We kindly ask that breakfast orders are placed the night before to assist us in operating an efficient service with minimum wastage and enable minimum contact between tables. You will find a fresh Breakfast Menu order form left outside your room daily. We have individual room tables – NOT a communal single table at breakfast, and your table remains yours only for the duration of your stay with us.
- Housekeeping – All rooms are sanitised according to industry standards and Welsh Government guidelines for our sector before any new guests arrive. For the 2022 season daily in-room housekeeping service will be on Request only. Please let us know at breakfast if you wish us to tidy your room. Should you prefer us not to enter your room we have facilities in place to ensure our guests still have access to fresh towels, extra tea tray items, toiletries etc. Leave the items to be changed and complete the list of amenities you require (on door hanger) outside your bedroom door before 11a.m.
In addition to our already high standards of hygiene, we will be cleaning more frequently in high impact touchpoints such as reception area, staircase, door handles etc.
We no longer take our own temperatures or that of our guests. We have received the full Covid 19 vaccinations.
Should we find coronavirus on site, or us as owners test positive, we may need to cancel your booking at short notice. Where this happens, we will offer a full refund of any deposit, or offer alternative dates for re-booking.
All standards will be reviewed and re-evaluated regularly and are subject to change based on the latest Welsh Government guidance.
We want our guests to feel as comfortable as possible staying with us, and despite these safety measures there will always be a very warm welcome for you here at Y Garth B&B.
Contact Us: Should you require any help or have any questions before your stay, do please email us on email@example.com or call us on 07814917920.