At Y Garth we continually monitor the developments of the Welsh Covid 19 regulations, therefore this policy is based on current Government guidance for hospitality businesses. The health of our guests is of paramount importance to us.
We have temporarily changed some of the things we normally do to ensure the safety of everyone in the b&b. We have tried to retain the high-quality product and the little touches where possible and assure you that a great experience will still be had.
Before you arrive
- Guests will be required to fill in a short questionnaire before arrival declaring they are in good health and do not have any Coronavirus symptoms. For your confidence in booking, all reservations are currently fully flexible until 7 days before arrival, and can be moved to another date at no cost for Coronavirus related reasons. If we are closed by the Welsh Government due to Covid 19 your bookings will not be chargeable. We will revert back to our regular cancellation conditions once the pandemic is behind us. We politely ask that any guests who are required to undertake self-isolation, household isolation or overseas travel related isolation remain at home in line with the Welsh Government advice, and contact us to rearrange their stay.
- Guests who have been diagnosed with, show symptoms, or who have been in contact with someone showing signs of Covid 19 in the last 10 days will be asked to kindly reschedule their stay. Anyone who shows symptoms during their stay will be asked to leave, for the safety of other guests and ourselves.
- Should we find coronavirus on site, or one of us as owners are tested positive or need to self-isolate, we may need to cancel your booking at short notice. Where this happens, we will offer a full refund of any deposit, or give you alternative dates for re-booking.
- We kindly remind you to bring a face covering with you. It is now mandatory to wear a face covering in the public areas of all accommodation providers. This includes the reception area, corridor and stairway. They are also required by law on public transport, shops, indoor tourist attractions etc. Your face covering can be removed once seated for breakfast or in your own bedroom.
- We will ask you for an approximate check in time. We have installed an 80% alcohol hand sanitiser dispenser in the front porch which we encourage you to use whenever you enter the B&B. Please wear a face covering.
- Social distancing – all guests will be required to practise social distancing from other guests and staff. Wales remains at 2 metres for social distancing and is different from other areas of the UK.
- Check in information will have been completed on line before your arrival date so there should be nothing to complete or sign. Your key will be placed on the reception desk and will have been sanitised after the last guest. You will find a welcome letter in the room together with information regarding our room servicing policy together with information to familiarise you with the room. This will be binned at the end of your stay.
- Hand sanitisers will be available in each Guest Room, Entrance Hallway and in the Dining Room.
- Our wonderful breakfast buffet on the side table will unfortunately not be on display, but the items available will be listed for you so that we can serve you anything you require from the kitchen.
- We kindly ask that breakfast orders are placed the night before to assist us in operating an efficient service with minimum wastage and enable minimum contact between tables. You will find a fresh Breakfast Menu order form in your room daily. Our dining area allows for tables to be distanced 2 metres apart as per Welsh Government guidelines. Condiments, jams and marmalade will be available via disposable sachets on request rather than on your table.
- We will serve your breakfast wearing a facemask.
- Housekeeping – Daily room cleaning and extended cleaning on check out.
Our cleanliness has always been to a high standard and we continue to clean/sanitise all high impact touchpoints/hard surfaces throughout the property on a daily basis. Recommended PPE will be used – masks, aprons and nitrile gloves and a new set will be used for the next room together with fresh cleaning cloths.
Should you prefer for us not to enter your bedroom just let us know when you arrive. We’ll be happy to provide clean towels and amenities to your door as you wish.
- Please open bedroom windows before you leave and leave out hair dryers etc you have used during your stay to allow us to sanitise them.
- Should you need to use the credit card terminal to check out it will be placed inside a plastic bag to enable us to dispose of the bag after use.
- Your key should be placed in the basket on the reception table so that we can sanitise it before the next guest.
Should you require any help or have any questions before your stay, do please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07814917920.